Applied Drilling Engineering from the Society of Petroleum Engineers Books (SPE) Series is a book that was first released in journals. It was done by some of the top professors from different petroleum universities in the world. Later, it was compiled by SPE into one book and then it got released for publishing. Being students of petroleum engineering, we realize the importance of the subject of drilling.
Well, to help with any subject, nothing is better than books and this is one of the best guides for students. Important concepts and operations such as rotary drilling, drilling fluids, cementing, casing, hydraulics, and directional drilling, all are discussed in this book in good detail. At the end of this article, you can download the free Applied Drilling Engineering SPE Series Pdf. Let us now discuss the different features of this book.
Applied Drilling Engineering SPE Series Pdf Features.
Listed below are some of the major features of this book.
1. This book is written in easy English words and can be understood easily.
2. It talks about all the basic concepts of drilling and other operations related to it.
3. The book is available both in hard and pdf formats.
4. The book talks about rotary drilling, cementing, casing and its designs, drilling fluids, and other operations involved in drilling.
5. It is one of the most demanded books about drilling.
6. With each topic, diagrams, tables, and statistics are given for better understanding.
7. Every topic starts with a basic definition and then it is explained in detail.
Table of Contents.
Here is a list of all the chapters in the book.
- Chapter 1: Rotary Drilling.
- Chapter 2: Drilling Fluids.
- Chapter 3: Cement.
- Chapter 4: Drilling Hydraulics.
- Chapter 5: Rotary Drilling Bits.
- Chapter 6: Formation Pore Pressure and Fracture Resistance.
- Chapter 7: Casing Design.
- Chapter 8: Directional Drilling and Deviation Control.
- Appendix A: Development of Slot Flow Non-Newtonian Liquids in a Viscometer.
- Appendix B: Development of Slot Flow Approximations for Annular Flow for Non-Newtonian Fluids.