Drilling Fluids Technology Introduction:
While we are drilling a well, the drilling fluids or mud is responsible for the removal of those cut from the well. Besides the removal of rock cuttings, some of the functions of drilling fluids are the cooling and lubrication of drill bit, forming mud cakes, cleaning beneath the bit, and many others. Drilling Mud engineer can be a challenging job at times and that’s why while you are a student, you need to know in good detail about all chemicals to create fluids for every good condition.
One of the many books written for this subject, Drilling Fluids Technology by Max R. Annis and Martin V. Smith is the best one out there. Here on this page, you can download the free Drilling Fluids Technology Pdf to read this book in soft form. Now we will discuss features and also the table of contents present in the book.
Drilling Fluids Technology Pdf Features.
Here is a list of all the features which you are going to get from this book.
- The Drilling Fluids Technology Pdf is absolutely free to download and is available in hard and soft copies.
- All the important concepts such as a well hole and bore cleaning, mud cakes, cooling and lubrication of drill string and bit, the making of drilling fluids, the types of fluids, chemicals used in making, and formation damage are covered in this book.
- The book is written in easy working so students with weaker English can understand it.
- All the topics are explained with good examples and field data is also given.
- All the functions of drilling fluids are explained.
Table of Contents.
If you want to know the table of contents, here it is for you.
- Section 1: Introduction.
- Section 2: Functions of a Drilling Fluid.
- Section 3: Relationship of Mud Properties to Function.
- Section 4: Relationship of Mud Composition to Properties.
- Section 5: Drilling Problem.
- Section 6: Solids Control.
- Section 7: Product Descriptions.
- Section 8: Oil Mud.
- Section 9: Identification and Treatment of Contaminants.
- Appendix A: Pressure Control Calculations.
- Appendix B: Solids Analysis and Control.
- Appendix C: Density Control.
- Appendix D: Water Chemistry.
- Appendix E: Volume and Displacement Tables.
- Appendix F: Lost Circulations Slurries and Barite Plugs.
- Appendix G: Miscellaneous.
- Appendix H: Drilling Fluid Specifications and Testing.